Cupcakes with Sprinkles is mainly desserts, but every once in a while I find a delicious side or main dish I have to share! I have been blogging for almost 2 years and love every minute of it! I have been married for 6 years and I have 3 cute kids, 2 girls and a boy. I love baking, quilting, and taking pictures, of food and my kids. Now lets get to the recipe…
Add your melted butter and mix…
Combine until your mixture resembles little crumbs…
In a medium bowl combine your sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg…
In your pan sprinkle half of the crumb topping on the bottom. Pour on your apples. Then sprinkle the rest of the crumb topping over the apples and bake at 350 degrees for an hour. It will come out all warm, gooey, and delicious!
Its not worth waiting for it to cool. As soon as it comes out you should have some with vanilla ice cream, only so I don’t feel so bad cause I may have had some for dinner…
- 6 large Granny Smith Apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- 2 cups Quick-Cooking Oats
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Brown Sugar, packed
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 cup Butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Add in the melted butter and combine until the mixture resembles small crumbs.
- Peel, core, and slice your apples. In a medium bowl stir together the granulated sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg together. Add the apples and mix until they are completely coated and then add the water and stir.
- In a 9×13 pan sprinkle half of the crumb topping on the bottom. Spread the apples on top. Then sprinkle the rest of the crumb topping over the apples and bake for an hour.
So basically, I’m feeling a lot like I need to make a trip to town for some apples right now. Can I get an amen? Pleeeeease go check out Meghan’s blog… Her recipe’s are amazing, her photo’s are awesome, and her family’s adorable!