Ready, here we go! Gather all the things we'll need…
In a medium bowl, whisk your eggs…
Add in the rest of the wet ingredients…
And whisk until combined…
In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients…
Let cool completely and frost with your favorite cream cheese frosting and enjoy!!
- 2½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Eggs
- 1½ cups Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1 Tablespoon Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2- 1oz bottles Red Food Coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 8 inch cake pans. In a medium bowl lightly whisk the eggs. Add the rest of the liquid ingredients and whisk until combined. In another bowl whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- Combine the wet ingredients and the dry ingredients and whisk for about a minute, until completely combined.
- Pour into the prepared cake pans. Bake for 28-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. After ten minutes, remove the cakes from pans and let cool completely.
- Frost with your favorite cream cheese frosting!
Be sure to also check out these other Holiday-ish yummies from our Recipe Archives!
Thanks for pinning!