Ever since I learned how to make whoopie pies using a cake mix (HELLO Funfetti!), I knewwww it was only a matter of time before I tried my hand at pumpkin spice whoopie pies! This recipe is so easy, it’s a no-brainer! And the perfect fall inspired sweet treat to bring to a neighbor and a crisp autumn day.
Pumpkin Spice Whoopie Pies Recipe
These are soft, delicious, and the perfect cozy fall treat!
Pumpkin Spice Whoopie Pies
- 1 Spice cake mix any brand!
- 2 Eggs beaten
- 1/3 cup Pumpkin puree
- 4 oz Cream cheese room temp
- 4 oz Salted butter room temp
- 2 T Pumpkin puree
- 1/2 t. Vanilla
- 2 cups Powdered sugar
For the cookies:
- Mix cake mix, eggs, and 1/3 cup pumpkin puree together in a blender.
- Roll into 1” balls and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350* for 8-10 mins and let cool completely.
For the filling
- Beat cream cheese and butter together until smooth.
- Add pumpkin puree and vanilla and mix.
- Slowly add powdered sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Pipe or spread onto the cookies!
These Pumpkin Spice Whoopie Pies are THAT EASY! My daughters made them together, and they were a huge hit!
I usually just slop on the filling/icing with a butter knife, but my little baker insisted on using a piping bag. We need a bigger tip so she can really load it on!
Do you think you’ll try these yummy and EASY Pumpkin Spice Whoopie Pies? If you do, let me know what you think in the comments! Or tag me on Instagram @RealityDaydream!
Psssst! Check out these other fall-esque recipes and DIY projects from our archives!