Last weekend, Nick’s family came to ‘help remove our living room wall’. As you know, it turned out we had a lot of free-time. This worked out well for Diane and I, because we just took off with the girls to go garage-saling on Saturday morning! It was a very successful garage sale romp. I found tons of good stuff, and just yesterday got a chance to go through all my treasures.
I found this sweet vintage clothes hamper for our bedroom. I’ll probably eventually do something to pretty it up. But I don’t mind it’s retro look for the moment either.
We’ve just been using a laundry basket that sits against the wall behind the door. And it’s totally a pain, because the door can only open so far and it only leaves a very small space for me to squeeze between the door and the bed. Plus, it’s just ugly.
Now our laundry is hidden and tidy looking! And the door opens MUCH wider!
Secondly, I can just never have too many doilies. Seriously? I have a list of projects that I would use them for. And I’ve already made doily bunting for the nursery wall, and these doily bowls. I totally want to try making pendant lights out of them one of these days.
Next up, I found a bag of lace. It may sound like I said that casually, but it was actually quite dramatic. You just can’t tell because I’m typing. I’m not sure what it is about lace that makes me want to cry happy tears. Honestly, I don’t even know what I’m going to do with it (other than make more vintage headbands for the girls… and our Etsy Shop), but I love it, and I can’t wait to organize it in my nonexistent craft room. No, you may not have it.
I found this sweet vintage tablecloth. You know I love the colors! And I also love that it seems very fall-ish and harvest-y. It’s kinda small though… I just may make it into a table runner.
I found this aDORable afghan-ish pillow that a sweet little old lady had made. I love little-old-lady-garage sales. They always have fascinating things, both homemade and vintage. My fave.
And here’s a pic of all my other random finds!
- Sweet vintage pot holder that will go great with my Kitchen colors!
- I’ve been living with a muffin tin that only makes 6 MUFFINS… which was a pain when I was making 5 dozen cupcakes for the girls’ birthday party. Now I can make 18 at a time!
- Bag of random fabric. I haven’t gone through it yet, but I love fabric. I can’t wait to get my craft room so I can organize all my fabrics, lace and crafting supplies!
- A few books for the girls… super educational too! Learning about caterpillars turning to cocoons, and then to butterflies, and robins laying eggs, hatching, etc. So cute!
- Cute little retro tin. Don’t know what I’ll use it for!
- I need more greenery in my home. Love these viney plants. What are they called again?
- These are OLD SCHOOL Tupperware brand spice containers. They’re so cute, and they stack together. I’m planning to use them to organize buttons and other little crafty things.
- This is a scarf that I got for my sister. She’s super Bohemian and dresses so cute. And she loves scarves. I live vicariously through her trendy cuteness.
I was so proud of all my finds, that I couldn’t help but take pictures and share! I knew you guys would share in my excitement. You should be used to this by now, after me inflicting upon you my finds at the auction, and this and this garage sale trip(s), and this and this thrifting trip(s).
Have you guys been to any jackpot garage sales lately? Or have you found a single item that you’re SUPER excited about? Are you completely distraught that the 2012 Garage Sale Season will be wrapping up soon?
I’ve got a sweet garage sale I’m hitting up this afternoon. Maybe I’ll see you there!