Hey guys! Meghan here, from Cupcakes with Sprinkles!
Happy New Year!! I hope your holidays were filled with as much fun and family as ours were! I have a fun, sweet recipe for the new year! They are perfect bite-sized balls of deliciousness.
Start by creaming the butter and sugar…
add flour, yellow cake powder, salt, and vanilla and mix…
add milk and mix until its like a dough…
add sprinkles and combine…
roll into 1 inch balls and freeze for 30 minutes…
Melt white chocolate and add in the 4 tablespoons of yellow cake powder. Mix until smooth. Then dip the cake balls in the white chocolate mixture and enjoy!
- 1½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 box Yellow Cake Mix, divided
- ½ cup Butter, room temp
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- pinch of Salt
- 4 Tablespoons Milk
- 3 Tablespoons Sprinkles
- 1- 12oz bag White Chocolate Chips
- Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add flour, 1 cup yellow cake mix, salt, and vanilla and mix. Add milk and mix until its like a dough. Add sprinkles and combine. Roll into 1 inch balls and freeze for 30 minutes. Melt white chocolate and add in 4 tablespoons of yellow cake mix. Mix until smooth. Then dip the cake balls in the white chocolate mixture. Refrigerate until serving.
Beth here again! I just had to add a comment… Meghan doesn’t know this, but I’m totally obsessed with funfetti ANYTHING (cupcakes, cookies, waffles… and now truffles!) CanNOT wait to try these. Thanks Meghan!
Sarah Whipkey says
Made these last night! Thanks for the idea! Turned out fantastic. Super addicting though!!!
Meagan B. says
P.S. I just now figured out I could update my Google profile. You can go read it if you want… 🙂
Meagan B. says
OMG, YESSSSSS!!!!!! I love everything funfetti too! My favorite, however, is Rainbow Chip cake with Rainbow Chip frosting. Have you had it? It’s similar to funfetti, but the frosting has little pieces of delicious, chewy yummy color drop things instead of sprinkles on top. MMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!! I’m having a foodgasm just thinking about it!