It’s Meghan from Cupcakes with Sprinkles and this month I have a delicious recipe for a moist, light, and fluffy cupcake.
- 2 cups & 3 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup & 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Butter, room temp
- 1½ cups Granulated Sugar
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1½ Tablespoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Plain Yogurt, room temp
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 3 cups Strawberries
- ¼ cup Granulated Sugar
- 1½ cups Butter, room temp
- 7 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-4 Tablespoon Heavy Whipping Cream
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake tin with liners. In a medium bowl put the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and whisk together.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer put the butter and sugar and beat on medium until light, fluffy, and white in color. Scrape the sides of the bowl and add in the egg whites and vanilla and mix until combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl again and add in the yogurt and mix to combine.
- Add in the flour and mix on low and add the milk and mix until just combined. Spoon into the prepared cupcake pan. Fill each liner about ⅔ full and bake for 14-16 minutes. Let cool in the pan for a few minutes then transfer to a wire rack.
- Put the strawberries in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour into a medium saucepan and add the granulated sugar. Bring to a gentle boil over medium low heat. Let boil for about 15 minutes or until the sauce has reduced by half. It will be thick like jam almost. Let cool completely.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer beat the butter on medium for 2 minutes. Add in 2 cups of powdered sugar and beat until combined. Add in ¼ cup of the strawberry sauce and mix to combine. Add in the rest of the strawberry sauce, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Add in the heavy cream and beat until the consistency is how you like it. Frost those cupcakes!
Be sure to check out all our other yummy recipes from the archives!
Thanks for pinning!