|Photo source: Pinterest (http://pinterest.com/pin/274086327292186801/)|
|Photo source: Pinterest, http://tinyurl.com/6lsuurc|
|Photo source: Pinterest, http://kitchenfunwithmy3sons.blogspot.com|
- I don’t even have seasonal throw pillows on my couches or live plants anywhere in the house. Is it really so hard? Can’t I pull myself together and wrap some candles in green foliage and bring happiness to our decor with bright fabrics and hand-crafted photo frames?
|My daughter Grace is my “snuggliest” child. Back tickles and “Baby Mine” each night are how I show that I love her.|
- A few months ago, I was practicing sideways dutch braids on my two daughters. They had found these great “how-to” videos online, and we set up our comb, brush, and hair bands in front of the computer so I could become an expert. Half-way through the braid, my fingers got all tangled up, the hair was too loose, and one of my daughters had been sitting with her head to the side for several minutes. Feeling extremely frustrated, I said, “That little girl in the video is so lucky to have a mom who knows how to do hair.”
|These are my two girls with the braids that took me FOREVER to do. (But I’m getting faster now, and they appreciate the fact that I’m trying.)|
- My mom is in her 70s, and her memory is starting to go. Her sweetness and love are as strong as ever, but when we talk on the phone, she can’t remember the last time we spoke or the last time we saw each other. At the end of one phone call a few weeks ago, I whispered, “I miss you, Mom.”
- There’s something deeper going on in family life than can ever be expressed on a social network. Whatever it is we feel we are lacking, can we collectively decide–as deliberate mothers–that we are not going to sit around feeling discouraged about all the things we’re not?
|Photo source: Pinterest, http://tinyurl.com/82k5vow|
- please let me offer her this helpful reminder: “Your children want you!”