Here’s what we’ve been up to:
1. YARD: mowing, planting, and weeding. Our vegetable garden is sporting some tiny green shoots! It’s the closest I’m getting to creating new life these days… it will have to do. Nick spends many hours a week listening to the obnoxious humming of the riding lawnmower… his throne, his sanctuary.
2. JOBS: Nick continues working full-time at Fisher Controls and part-time evenings and weekends at Advance Auto Parts. I’ve been working part-time at McFarland Clinic, part-time taking care of Mike and his wild and unpleasant horses, as well as providing overnight homecare for an elderly gentlemen who recently suffered a heart attack.
3. CRAFTING: we’ve been entertaining ourselves with being creative and making some money on the side, painting backsplashes and building headboards for a little extra baby cash. It’s adding up fast! And we’re having tons of fun! Currently we’re building a chocolate brown queen size upholstered headboard. I’ll be blogging about it when it’s finished!!
4. LOVING: the man-boy and I have been relishing and loving every precious moment we get to spend together. The time commitments that our jobs require bring us closer, rather than farther apart. Having a purpose and goal brings things into perspective, it changes everything.
5. FRIENDS: we love to make time for having friends and family out for BBQ, yard games, and bonfires. Tis the season! You know what I’m talking about! We’re also looking forward to several camping trips coming up this summer. I’ll be sure to share all the happenings with you all!!