Its Meghan from Cupcakes with Sprinkles back with another delicious dessert for you to make! These bars have a soft cookie bottom with a sweet cream cheese layer topped with strawberries. So sweet and perfect for spring!
Lets get the things we need (there is an extra egg in the picture, whoops)…
Combine butter, egg, and cake mix and beat until well combined…
Finish combining with your hands until you form a solid ball and set aside…
Press into a 9×13 cake pan and bake…
Spread your cream cheese mixture on the baked crust and top with sliced strawberries…
Refrigerate and enjoy! Its like I said, its perfect for spring!
Strawberries and Cream Bars
- 1 box White Cake Mix
- ⅓ cup Butter, room temp
- 1 egg
- 3 cups Strawberries, sliced
- 8oz Cream Cheese
- ⅓ cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees then spray 9×13 with cooking spray.
- In large bowl combine butter, egg and cake mix. Mix until well combined. Then use your hands to make the dough into a ball.
- Press the mixture in the bottom of the pan and bake for 15-20 minutes. While the crust is baking slice the strawberries into ¼ inch slices.
- In a separate bowl beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla. Spread cream cheese mixture over top of the baked crust. Place strawberries over the cream cheese. Place in the fridge for at least 3 hours before serving.
Recipe Adapted from: CookiesandCups.com