Our weekend was crazy:
- We headed up to Waverly for my 10 year class reunion. (i’m still in denial that I’m that old) It was really fun to see my old classmates and show off my smokin’ hot husband… but to be honest, no one was there that I REALLY wanted to see. It was still totally worth it though.
- Nick got himself in over his head thinking he could help my little brother replace his alternator in one evening. We ended up staying an additional night to right all wrongs.
- We acquired some sweet old furniture to refurbish and make awesome. I cannot wait to get started.
- We rushed to Des Moines to paint a backsplash for our new friend Jamee and her family, who are trying to sell their home. More on that later.
- We booked it to Marshalltown and met our housemates for a dinner ‘out on the town’ (Applebee’s). Nick and I split a Philly Cheesesteake and a Maple Butter Blondie (HELLO! so good). Today, while I’m bored at work, I shall google the recipe.
- Came back home. Watched an episode of Dexter, and went to bed.
- Woke up at 1 in the morning to a crazy thunderstorm, then realizing we had lost power. Thinking it was no big deal, we tried to get back to sleep. But listen, you’d be amazed what it feels like when your fan turns off in the middle of the night. Nick and I layed there and sweat for some time before I retreated to the living room (where at least its on a lower level, and several degrees cooler). Wouldn’t you think in the middle of the night it would be fairly cool in your house? NO. Tim and Carrie had had the same brilliant idea and were already camped out in the living room. We had a sleepover.
- What drama we have in our lives.