One year ago today, our lease ended in Ames. And because our closing date wasn’t until September 11th, my brother Tim and his wife Carrie allowed us to stay with them until we could inhabit our new home. It was a generous gesture.
Consequently, THEIR lease is ending today, and THEY are buying a house down the road from us, and THEIR closing date isn’t until September 8th. So naturally… they’re movin’ in! Tonight. Them, and their unborn child. And their 3 dogs.
I’m actually really looking forward to it. We love entertaining and being hospitable. And I’m planning to vicariously live through Carrie and her pregnant self. Maybe I’ll catch the bug?? I HATE it when people say that… “it’s in the water! you’ll catch the ‘bug’ in no time!” No. It’s NOT in the water. It has nothing to do with water. It has more to do with the fact that my fimbriae is covered in scar tissue, making it nearly impossible for the ovum to make it into the fallopian tube. And even if it did make it there, my tubes are so blocked with endometrial garbage, it would be an obstacle course to make it any distance. And that’s assuming there would be a sperm nearby.
That’s all I have to say about that.
- Tim and Carrie are moving in tonight.
- They are expecting a child.
- I shall stock my freezer with whiskey.
- For 6 weeks we’ll have to be very quite when we rumble and tumble between the sheets.
- We’re hoping that Tim will use his vast canine knowledge to train our unruly dog while he’s living with us.
- The end.